Did you know that strawberries are more than just a delicious summer treat? They’re full of beneficial nutrients and help boost your health in many ways. Here are 10 reasons why you should start adding strawberries to your diet immediately.
Antioxidants are important because they help protect your cells from damage. Strawberries are a good source of antioxidants, which can help keep your cells healthy. The antioxidants in strawberries may also help protect your body from chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer.
Strawberries also contain other nutrients that are important for health, including fiber, vitamin C, folate, and potassium. They also provide your body with powerful phytonutrients, or plant-based compounds, which have been shown to fight inflammation and boost immunity. One study found that people who drank a daily glass of strawberry juice had significantly lower levels of oxidative stress markers in their blood than those who did not drink the juice.
2) Prevents Heart Diseases
The antioxidants present in strawberries help to keep the bad cholesterol (LDL) from oxidizing and prevent heart diseases. These little red berries are also a good source of fiber which helps to keep the arteries clear by reducing the buildup of plaque. In addition, the potassium in strawberries can help to lower blood pressure. All of these benefits work together to keep your heart healthy and reduce your risk of heart disease.
3) Skin and Hair Benefits
Did you know that strawberries can help improve your skin and hair? The ellagic acid in strawberries can prevent damage from UV rays, reduce inflammation, and stimulate collagen production. This powerful antioxidant can also help to protect your skin from free radicals, which can cause wrinkles and fine lines. And if you’re looking for a natural way to improve the health and appearance of your hair, look no further than strawberries! The vitamin C in strawberries helps to boost collagen production, which can make your hair stronger and healthier. Plus, ellagic acid can also help to protect your scalp from damage.
4) Lessens Cancer Risks
Cancer is a debilitating disease that takes the lives of millions of people each year. Though there are many contributing factors to cancer, diet is one area that you can control. A 2013 study found that women who ate at least eight strawberries a week had a lower risk of developing cancer. The ellagitannins in strawberries may be responsible for this effect. These phytochemicals have been shown to inhibit tumors by inducing apoptosis and inhibiting inflammation. Additionally, they have anti-carcinogenic properties.
5) Helps in Weight Loss
- A cup of strawberries contains only 50 calories and no fat.
- They are rich in fiber and water content which helps keep you feeling full for longer periods of time and prevents overeating.
- Studies have shown that eating strawberries can help people lose weight and manage their weight better over time.
- The high water and fiber content in strawberries also help to flush out toxins from your body, which can lead to weight loss.
6) Improves Memory Power
According to a recent study published in the Annals of Neurology, eating strawberries may help improve memory power. The study found that individuals who consumed strawberry powder daily for 12 weeks had better scores on memory and cognitive tests than those who didn’t consume the powder. Researchers believe that the flavonoids in strawberries, which are antioxidants, play a role in improving brain function.
7) Reduces Ageing Effects
The ellagic acid present helps to reduce the effects of aging by scavenging harmful free radicals. This, in turn, can help to improve the appearance of your skin and hair. Furthermore, ellagic acid has been shown to protect against UV damage, which is one of the main causes of premature aging.
8) Makes Bones Stronger
The antioxidants present help to keep your bones healthy and strong. They also prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. In addition, the high potassium content in strawberries helps to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
Strawberries are a good source of fiber, which helps to regulate digestion and keep you feeling full longer. Fiber also helps to lower cholesterol levels and keep blood sugar levels under control.
Ellagic acid is a powerful antioxidant that scavenges harmful free radicals in the body.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is necessary for the production of collagen. Collagen is responsible for keeping skin looking young and supple.
9) Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Strawberries are a good source of antioxidants. In fact, they are one of the top 20 fruits with the highest antioxidant content.
- They can help improve your cardiovascular health by reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure.
- They are also a good source of vitamins C and K, as well as manganese and fiber.
- Strawberry intake may also help keep your brain healthy as you age and reduce your risk of cognitive decline.
- Additionally, strawberries may aid in weight loss by helping you feel full and satisfied after eating them.
10) Other Health Benefits
- According to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, strawberries may help protect your heart. The phenols in strawberries can reduce inflammation and help keep your blood vessels healthy.
- These are good sources of fiber. Getting enough fiber is important for bowel regularity and gut health
- The vitamin C in strawberries can also help boost your immune system
These fruits may also improve cognitive function and protect against age-related cognitive decline.
11) Healthy Liver
Your liver is responsible for filtering toxins out of your blood, so it’s important to keep it healthy. Strawberries are a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect your liver from damage. They’re also a good source of vitamin C, which helps improve the function of your liver. Plus, strawberries contain ellagic acid, which has been shown to help prevent liver cancer. So if you’re looking for a way to keep your liver healthy, eating strawberries is a great option.
12) Improves vision
While we typically think of carrots as being great for our vision, did you know that strawberries can also help improve your eyesight? This is due to the fact that strawberries are high in vitamin C, which is essential for maintaining healthy eyes. Vitamin C helps to protect the eye from damage caused by free radicals, and it also helps to reduce inflammation. Additionally, vitamin C is necessary for the production of collagen, which helps to keep the tissues of the eye healthy.